دعونا نترجم

`¤*«مُحمدْ البادِيْ»*-¤

¬°•| غَيثُ مِن الَعطاء ُ|•°¬
إنضم
22 أكتوبر 2011
المشاركات
الإقامة
إنْ وابلاً، فَطَلْ
عودا على بدأ واستكمالا لموضوع سابق في طيه نفس العنوان، أستفتح البداية بهذه الفقرة، وعسى أن نرى منكم أقلاما سيالة تعنى بترجمتها، وإلا استفدتم المتعة والقراءة والفائدة ممن سيترجمونها إن شاء الله

`¤*«مُحمدْ البادِيْ»*-¤

¬°•| غَيثُ مِن الَعطاء ُ|•°¬
إنضم
22 أكتوبر 2011
المشاركات
الإقامة
إنْ وابلاً، فَطَلْ

It was a wild night in Mexico's Gulf of California. Illuminated by powerful lights from small fishing boats, the water thrashed with squid so big that my jaw dropped in astonishment when I first saw them. Some were as large as a man, with bodies nearly six feet (two meters) long and weighing 150 pounds (70 kilograms). In more than 30 years of studying squid I had never seen any as big as these.

Pulling on diving gear, photographer Brian Skerry and I plunged feet first into this boiling stew of Humboldt, or jumbo, squid. Ranging the eastern Pacific, jumbos are fierce marine predators that will attack anything—from sardines to divers. Even before our entry bubbles cleared in front of our masks, I heard Brian bellow in alarm as a jumbo brushed his arm. In an instant he drew his dive knife and prepared to defend himself, but the big squid had fled.

Mention fearsome squid and people usually think of the giant squid, the elusive sea monster of sailors' tales and television ........aries. But squid families include 280 other species, from the monstrous to the minute in size, ranging all the world's oceans. For nearly four months Brian and I immersed ourselves in their element, diving in waters from Cape Cod to Venezuela to California.

In my work at the Marine Biological Laboratory at Woods Hole, Massachusetts, I study not only squid but the class of mollusks they belong to—cephalopods, which includes octopuses, cuttlefish, and nautiluses. Squid are known by their eight arms and two long feeding tentacles. They also have sharp, parrot-like beaks and three hearts—a central heart plus two more that pump blood through the gills.​

najmi

¬°•| عضو فعّال |•°¬
إنضم
4 فبراير 2012
المشاركات
الإقامة
najmi galaxy
Praise Almighty Allah ::s19:: I just ran INTO some of the vocab. mentioned in this ....,,,
I like the topic,,,

najmi

¬°•| عضو فعّال |•°¬
إنضم
4 فبراير 2012
المشاركات
الإقامة
najmi galaxy
:confused: not now
don't rush me
I have work to do
"The head" is on my head, I'm just sneaking to reply *_*

أبو سليمان

¬°•| One of a kind |•°¬
إنضم
13 مايو 2011
المشاركات
It was a wild night in Mexico's Gulf of California. Illuminated by powerful lights from small fishing boats, the water thrashed with squid so big that my jaw dropped in astonishment when I first saw them. Some were as large as a man, with bodies nearly six feet (two meters) long and weighing 150 pounds (70 kilograms). In more than 30 years of studying squid I had never seen any as big as these

كانت ليلة جامحة في خليج المكسيك بكاليفورنيا، أنيرت بأضواء قوية صادرة من قوارب الصيد، وقد شق الماء حبار كبير جدا، لدرجة أن فكي انخفض بدهشة عندما رأيته، بعضها كان كبيرا كحجم الإنسان، بأجسام طولها تقريبا ستة أقدام (مترين) ووزنها 150 باوند (70 كجم). في أكثر من 30 سنة من دراسة للحبار، لم أر شيئا كمثل هذا.

I did my part Abu Raseil, it still not perfect

أعلى